Re: Installing TR6 Transmission

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Installing TR6 Transmission
From: ssmart <75270.3703@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:00:33 -0400
>>As far as the final seating....  tranny input shaft into pilot bushing,
good luck.  I closed the gap by assembling and carefully tighting the
nuts and bolts (engine to bell housing) keeping the gap equal as much as
possible all around during the bolt down. It finally came together, but
I always feel like I've done some damage by bringing it together this
way.  Anyone one the list have a better method??????   we could use it!<<

How are the clutch alignment tools these days?  It's been a long time
since I did my TR, but IIRC the alignment tool wasn't all that hot.
I did a clutch on my modern iron not too long ago, and found the
tool in the Napa kit provided a very positive fit to the pilot
and clutch spline.  The one I had used on the TR was sloppy enough
that some one had to hold it while I tightened the pressure plate,
else the clutch would droop slightly.  Just adds one more thing
to worry about when the tranny doesn't want to go in.

scott s.