Re: Installing TR6 Transmission

To: The Brinkers <mbrinker@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Installing TR6 Transmission
From: stu.jo@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:59:36 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
The Brinkers wrote:

> What is the secret?  I have replaced my clutch and used the alignment tool.
> Now as I am refitting my Transmission, I can not get it in!  I had it
> aligned correctly and cot the two mating surfaces (the bell housing and the
> engine) only 2 inches apart but I could not get them any closer.  I have
> raised the motor slightly upward toward the rear to help but still no luck.
> Could someone who has been through this make some suggestions.  I would very
> much appreciate it.
>
> Mike - Trying to get on the road again  74 TR6
Mike, having done it twice, the first time it slid right in, the second
time it was like you describe, and I have no easy answer. I remember
playing with the jack holding up the rear of the motor while my wife
pushed, and suddenly it popped in ( the tranny that is).Good luck
Stu
74 TR6 (with heavy overdrive)