Re: TR4 Chassis Numbers

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Chassis Numbers
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:54:45 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Ya da da, ya da da....  Here's my real question....   The chassis number on
>  the body is about 500 numbers higher than the commission number and engine
>  which are within 20 of each other.  Is this possible??  There is some
>  evidence of spot welding  and what seems like none original seams in the
>  engine compartment where the  passenger side footwell protrudes, as a box
>  shape into the compartment.   This is also the part that carries the
>  chassis/body number.  Is this a big problem???.  I'm guessing that the body
>  guy welded in a footwell ceiling from a "parts" car and moved the chassis
>  number plate with it.
>
>  Thanks for any good advice you can share.
>
>  Brian Sanborn
>  1962 TR4  Wannabe
>  sanborn@net1plus.com

Brian, go to www.vtr.org and scroll down to the pictures of the autos.  Click
on the TR4 picture and read my article on production numbers.  That will give
you a start on your problem.  If you have further questions - come back to me.
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
Vintage Triumph Register (VTR) TR4 vehicle consultant