Radios, Lawyers & Booby Traps

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Radios, Lawyers & Booby Traps
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:44:26 -0500
I'm not fond of lawyers and I love lawyer jokes, so when someone
suggests that we "kill all the lawyers" I'm all for it. But what
Shakespeare actually wrote was "FIRST let's kill all the lawyers."

Then we can kill all the judges who interpret the laws. And all the
jurors who apply the law to the facts and make those awards everyone
complains about. And all the legislators who pass the laws that the
lawyers argue about, the judges interpret and the jurors base their
decisions on.

And then when your toddler wanders into the neighbor's garden to smell
the flowers and gets blown away by the shotgun rigged to deter intruders
from stealing vegetables, then we can . . . uh . . . ahhh . . . hmmm.

Maybe not.

Jim Hill
Madison WI