Re: Legroom?

To: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>, "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Legroom?
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:08:42 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Bryan,
I guess the question you need to answer is, "What's too tight?".  If you can
enter and egress from the vehicle and still maintain some decorum, plus be
comfortable while operating the car, then I guess it's not to cramped.  But
if you have a claustrophobic feeling while attempting to operate the
vehicle, then the answer would be "yes".  I am 6 ft tall and over 200 lbs.
but under 250 and I have owned my Spitfire for 20 years.
I own a 1964 Spitfire4, and have 1972 seats, these recline.  When I first
moved to Texas, I would commute to Kansas City a distance of 810 miles each
way every other week.  And this was before I did any major work on the car.
But being many years older now, I don't think the body would take the
stress, mine not the car.  Leg room should be ample for you unless you are
extremely long legged.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
1964 Spitfire4 Mk1