Re: Legroom?

To: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>, "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Legroom?
From: "Bill Munts" <muntsb@integrityonline12.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:45:07 -0500
Hi Bryan

Is a Spit too small?  I have a '70 Mk3 Spitfire that I drive a good bit and
also Autox in.  I am 6'3" and weigh 210 lbs.  It does feel small...I always
say that I put the car on (like cloths) as much as get into it.  It doesn't
bother me though.  I have removed the spacers under the seat rails and
moved the wiring harness under the seat to make sure that the seat is as
low as possbile and will move all the way back.  The legroom is fine for me
once I get in.  Getting in requires a little foot shuffle around the clutch
pedal to get your right leg over to the right.  Once the shuffle is
complete the car is very comfortable.  I would even say that the high back
seats in my spit are the best seats I have had in any car.  You can't beat
the handling or access to the engine and front end that the Spitfire
provides.

It's actualy a lot of fun to be a big guy in a little car.  For some reason
some people think the "toy" car is very funny....right up to the point that
you get out of the car.

Good Luck

Bill M.
'70 Mk3 Spitfire