Stromberg Needle Height

To: Lee <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Stromberg Needle Height
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:41:10 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Lee,

        RE:"I'm running a TR6 with dual EGO sensors that indicate that I am
running lean
above 2500 rpm. The solution is to either get a replacement needle or
modify
the one I have..."

        If you're running a post-'69 TR6 with the original
Zenith-Strombergs, I assume
you have the stock B1AF needles. Try substituting the needles that came
with the TR250,
(and early TR6?) the B2Y. I've plotted a graph of this needle vs. the B1AF
in Excel format
that I could send you, but basically it's richer at every airflow condition
except idle. It's also
commonly available from the usual suppliers. The fuel delivery curve is
very similar to the
B1AF, just richer (needle is slightly thinner across the board), and both
are "biased" type
needles so the rest of the carb needs no modification.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic

        P.S. Are "EGO's" O2 sensors? How do you keep them from choking on
the
typical TR exhaust?