RE: Stromberg Needle Height

To: "'Tomislav Marincic'" <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Stromberg Needle Height
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 06:58:15 -0600
> Tomislav Marincic wrote:
> Try substituting the needles that came
> with the TR250,
> (and early TR6?) the B2Y. The fuel delivery curve is
> very similar to the
> B1AF, just richer (needle is slightly thinner across the board), and both
> are "biased" type

Sounds like a better plan than randomly filing flat areas on the needle!

> P.S. Are "EGO's" O2 sensors? How do you keep them from choking on
> the
> typical TR exhaust?

The carbs have been modified based on the description in the 6-tech
        publication to accept adjustable jets from an early Stromberg carb.
        As a result I can set the jet to any level (including on the floor
of
        the garage which I've done once or twice)
        Also the EGO sensors came off of a Ford Escort. They feel right
        at home in a TR6 exhaust stream.
        Lee Janssen
        Sunny Denver Co