Engine block Prep

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine block Prep
From: John Richardson <johnr@intellicorp.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:15:51 -0700
Hi Listeners,

I am about to undertake the rebuild of a TR4A engine (because everyone says
its soo easy).  The engine is now completely disassembled.  My questions
are these.

In an effort to save money I would like to reuse the old pistons and
liners.  The engine had about 96k on it and the liners are not scarred and
don't look particularly worn.  I presume I can measure them with a
micrometer to determine if they are reusable?  What is the general feeling
about reusing pistons and liners?

Now that my block is bare what do I do with it?  It needs to be boiled out
or something to remove all the old sludge, right?  How do I go about doing
this and how much should it cost?  I did not remove the massive studs that
connect the head to the block.  Should I?

Does anyone know of a reputable machine shop in Northern California?

TIA

John