Engine block prep

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine block prep
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 98 9:37:21 CDT

liners.  The engine had about 96k on it and the liners are not scarred and
don't look particularly worn.  I presume I can measure them with a
micrometer to determine if they are reusable?  What is the general feeling
about reusing pistons and liners?
Mine are in the machine shop now, being checked.  If ok, they will be honed
and reused.  I have the 86mm liners, so won't bore them.  If you have 83mm,
you may want the extra power given by bigger liners, but then you'll have
to replace pistons.

>>>Now that my block is bare what do I do with it?
Vat it, you'll like the cooler running engine, and have it checked for
cracks.
>>>  How do I go about doing
this and how much should it cost?
About $40 at an automotive machine shop
connect the head to the block.  Should I?
Yes or you'll pay extra for them to do it.  Very easy to do, just take two
nuts and thread them on the stud, then wrench the bottom nut using the top
as a "stop".  Will come right out.  Check to ensure the threads are
straight and not stretched or you'll have trouble when you torque the head
back on. mark them for replacement!

>>Does anyone know of a reputable machine shop in Northern California?
Sorry.

Richard Triplett
Technical Services
Midland, Texas