Re: TR6 Thrust Washers

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Thrust Washers
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:29:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your tribulations. I had a similar problem when the DCO
(ME!) installed a set of T.W. _backwards_ and wound up cutting into the
crankshaft. Badly. The crank was trash.

Not to bum you out, but you should start looking for a crank. They are not
very expensive to buy new, and after spending $300 - $500 on one to make it
"better". you'll have way more power that you used to have... think -
balance and blueprint... ;-)

I wound up taking a crank from a parts car and I'm still using that one. I
have had a new crank at a shoppe for something like 9 months, but let's not
"go there". I gotta "rescue" that one some day. Some people. Sheeesh.

Bye,
rml
TR6's