bonnet clearance

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: bonnet clearance
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:39:10 -0700
Bob Sykes said:

The wide radiator fitted to later model 1500s has 3 sets of
mounting holes allowing height adjustment.  Check to see which
set of holes are being used on your radiator.  I prefer the
middle set, believing that this imparts less stress on the
radiator "goose neck" at the top.

Ken says:  Holy cow! I immediately ran outside, popped the bonnet and
eureka! Three sets of holes. The passenger side of the radiator was set to
the middle hole. The driver side was set to the bottom hole, so that the
entire radiator was kiltered. Once again, I can thank the DPO for another
outstanding bodge I have to fix.  That pimple on the hood will be grinding
my cookies for a long time.