Re: TR4A What is right price?

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4A What is right price?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 00:34:43 -0400
Malcolm Walker wrote:
> This is overworking my tired brain a tad, so don't be surprised if I'm
> wrong... but a PCV is supposed to maintain positive crankcase pressure AND
> supply blow-by gases to the carbs.

  Actually, a bit backwards, but the point is there.

  The PCV valve maintains negative crankcase pressure. Any time
the crankcase pressure is high, the valve opens so that air is
drawn into the engine through the intake.

  So, if the crankcase is in depression (vacuum) it stays
that way, if it goes pressurized, the PCV system works on it.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca