Re: TR4A What is right price?

To: "Tony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A What is right price?
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:13:10 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Tony,

If the body, mechanicals and cosmetics are nice and the engine doesn't need
work... I would say about $7,500 to $8,000 depending on overall good looks.
Make up a list of all the things you will have to buy the first six months
to make it a weekend driver that you want to be seen in and then test the
price assumption.

I paid $6,100 for mine with a near perfect body... no rust...and nice
paint... inspected and registered.... useable interior...good tranny but a
suspect engine noise.  I have spent at least $1,500 on assorted parts and
things since I got the car in July '98.  I will have to spend about $2,000
this winter doing a complete rebuild on the engine.  Then I hope things will
settle down.

I would have paid the $7,500 to $8,000 price if the engine had just been
rebuilt.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com