Re: Access Maintenance Database

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: Access Maintenance Database
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 10:04:58 -0700
Cc: jaltman@altlaw.com, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Brian (and all)

While we are on the parts database issue, I have been thinking about the
need for a, "parts clearinghouse" database.  The way it would work is,
those who have parts that they don't need (either new or used) can send
their information to the manager of the database and they will be listed
on-line by vehicle and location.  It will help both the selling and
buying parties locate those parts that are needed to make repairs or
finish that restoration project.

I can envision the database as a free service if somebody has the time
to sped on such a project.  Otherwise, maybe a small listing fee could
be paid by the seller when the part is sold.

I'm interested to know what the consensus is on this idea.  Comments are
welcome.

Joe

--

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer