Re: Access Maintenance Database

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, spitlist@gte.net, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Access Maintenance Database
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 12:24:54 -0500
Joe, I like that idea.  Now let see, if I remember right you seem to have all
kinds of time on your hands lately.......

> Brian (and all)
>
> While we are on the parts database issue, I have been thinking about the
> need for a, "parts clearinghouse" database.  The way it would work is,
> those who have parts that they don't need (either new or used) can send
> their information to the manager of the database and they will be listed
> on-line by vehicle and location.  It will help both the selling and buying
> parties locate those parts that are needed to make repairs or finish that
> restoration project.
>
> I can envision the database as a free service if somebody has the time to
> sped on such a project.  Otherwise, maybe a small listing fee could be
> paid by the seller when the part is sold.
>
> I'm interested to know what the consensus is on this idea.  Comments are
> welcome.
>
> Joe
>
> Brian Sanborn wrote:
> >
> > Jim,
> >
> > Thanks... Looks nice.... I have been working on a TR Parts control
> > system in Access 97 which I plan to share with the list and  anybody
> > else that cares.
> >
> > It's not finished but will be soon.   The idea is to have a place to
> > keep control of the parts you buy or acquire, the parts you identify as
> > need in the future but can't yet afford( so you know what to order when
> > things go on sale), the cost of the part and where the part is( future
> > purchase, inventory and where stored or installed on car).  I have it
> > linked to the TRF database for price and description.  So far it is
> > fancy enough to be forms based but needs more work to make it shareable.
> >
> > I want to enter all the parts I have bought from TRF and Moss and all
> > the parts on little buckslips in my catalogs for futures.  I wish that
> > Moss had a database.
> >
> > Brian Sanborn
> > 62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
> > sanborn@net1plus.com

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
1961 TR4                  CT288L (Now with OD!!)
1959 TR3                  TS41311L (Rusting Hulk)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108