Re: Only for Triumph enthusiasts in NEW ZEALAND

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Only for Triumph enthusiasts in NEW ZEALAND
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:50:20 GMT
On 19 Oct 1998, David Greed wrote:

> hence the reason for the fuel passing through
> the tin cones just prior to entering the carburettor(s).

It has long since been shown that any tin content that might possibly be
released by such devices is far, far too small to do anything at all, be
that useful or harmful.

> The fuelstar also
> uses magnets that somehow affects the molecular structure of the fuel which
> makes for a cooler burn and is therefore less harsh on the exhaust valves.

This "somehow" is really something I would like to know about!

Unlike water molecules, for instance, molecules found in petrol are
entirely un-polar, and thus completely, utterly unaffected by any
electrical or magnetic field.

The only reason I can imagine that these devices are reported to work
under certain conditions, is that they are used on vehicles where driving
conditions or otherwise dictate that things would have worked anyway.

I followed the pointer to the web site, and found the claims made
regarding decreased consumption, increased engine power and extended
engine life so outrageous, that these alone would indicate that this is
just yet another hoax. Predictably, I found no references whatsoever
to any scientifically conducted tests that might support these claims.

Such magic clamp-on-devices for the fuel line, with outrageous claims, has
existed as long as have autocars. And, I'm sorry to report, they work no
better now than they have before.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92027705 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway