Re: Engine conversions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine conversions
From: "Brian E. Serra" <Brian.Serra@ey.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 9:16:40 -0500
I have a 77 Spit and I am looking to swap in a more modern reliable drivetrain.
This is what I am looking at:
2.0L Ford Zetec (ZX2 or Contour) or a 2.3L Ford Turbo (from a Turbo T-Bird or
XR4Ti). I need to find out if the Zetec will bolt up to a 5spd to be rear wheel
drive. I have been trying to get through to Ford Motorsportsto get some answers
but, no luck yet. Then I need to figure out what the rearend is going to be.
The T-Bird or XR4Ti rearend might work, but I don't know yet. As you can see, a
lot of research needs to be done.
Just my $.02

BS