Re:Why do you drive Classic cars

To: burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us
Subject: Re:Why do you drive Classic cars
From: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:14:16 -0500
Cc: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Jane Wrote:

For me my love of small fast cars has always been there.  Even when I was a
little girl I was always looking at fast cars and my parents always had a
big old ford and drove slow and sensibly.  Not me, I love to go fast, which
has gotten me into a bit of trouble over the years but I still have my LBC.
 I have worked on my own cars since I got my first VW bug when I was 17,
which I traded to buy a new transmission for the triumph.  A friend of mine
got me the Step by Step Instructions for the Complete Idiot book for VW's
which I foolishly loaned someone and off I went.  Still  going.  Of course
my kids think I'm nuts, but so it goes.

Jane
'67 GT6

------------------------------
Jane,

I'm Raising my daughter to be just like you.  I take her to our monthly
impropteu car show every month, to the autocrosses, and I let her come out
to the garage and "help daddy" with the cars.  Now she takes any toy with
wheels and runs it along the floor.  Last month at the show someone started
a Harley behind us, she turned quickly because it startled her us she cooed
happily while it burblled at idle.  All i could do was hug her 2 yr old neck
and say "yes!! she's a gearhead"

Brian H. Smith
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire IV