Re: Why do you drive Classic cars

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why do you drive Classic cars
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:03:56 +0000
Hello all,
Why do I drive Classic (british) cars?

I like driving and there is no more pure form of driving that an old
simple british sports car. They are beautiful. I always look back at it
in admiration after I park. Easy to work on. I have gotten stranded in a
couple of modern american cars and with all the technology I was stuck.
In my TR3 I can usually do something to get it going for a few more
miles. My TR's are as reliable as I build them. Plus, when you build or
restore a car you become familiar with all the parts and when something
starts making noise, I can tell what it is. Lately the wife and I have
test driven a few new cars and I usually leave underwhelmed liking my
LBC's even more.
Granted I an not testing Porsches or any other exotics. Even with my
Jaguar people usually think I paid a mint for it but after I explain to
them I problably have half of what they paid for their new S-10 or
Cavalier they are amazed. My cars also hold their value and do not
depreciate.
So to summarize. More fun, style, simplicity and lower cost than a
boring automatic motorized american couch.
So, so what if I get a couple of drips of rain inside or have no air
conditioning, I'll deal with it with a smile.
--
Cheers,
Mike Thompson