Re: Why do you drive Classic cars

To: armstrong@btinternet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why do you drive Classic cars
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:41:24 EDT
Irwin,
There's nothing to compare with the top down, seat of the pants driving that
an LBC affords.
Our '66 B is a honey.....my wife and I get the same thrill driving her today
as we did when we bought and restored her twenty years ago.
I couldn't disagree more about the expense. She costs $85 a year to insure
(with classic car insurance), $30 a year to register and a few bucks to change
the oil a couple of times a year.
Granted, I only put 3K miles a year on the car, but I'm convinced that if the
car is kept at 100% all year, they are relatively trouble free.
I like to stay abreast of trouble and generally choose a major maintenance
task each winter when fellow club members with willing hands are looking for a
way to keep in touch anyway.
Besides, if we didn't have have these LBC's to keep our minds nimble, we'd
waste away......they keep us young.
My .02

Bob Stahlbush

'66 MGB RD GHN 3L 78708 (show a little, drive a lot)
'60 TR-3A (under restoration......give me another year)