Re: car lifts

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: car lifts
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:33:19 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< let's beat this one a little more...
 here's my question...I used to jack up the TR4 (straight axle) from the back
 aligning the jack and using the diferential as the lifting point...lately
I've
 been using the (thicker of the two) tubular frame 'cross member' at the back
 of the car frame. Is that what other folks are doing?
 Carl
 '64TR4  >>

Hello Carl
FWIW I jack up my cars using the frame. In front I will use the section just
below the suspension towers, in back usually just in front of the rear wheels.
Kinda depends on what I'm doing under there.
I will also add that I never get under the car w/o jack stands.
I wish I had a grease pit like one F. Thomas and could just walk under the
car!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B