Re: car lifts

To: "John Suchak" <suchak@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: car lifts
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:11:48 -0500 (EST)
Cc: DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
My thought was to have a second set of ramps under the back wheels as
well.
I think you could make some sort of contraption out of 4x4 to support the
IRS as you jacked the car up.
Put the second set under the back wheels let down the jack. I don't think the
car would be going anywhere at least no more than the Kwiklift system.
Actually, some of their warnings made me nervous.
Let me know where my logic is shot.
Andy D.

On 10/28/98 04:25 PM John Suchak said...

>Hey, here's a low tech alternative...    Pull the front end up on car
>ramps and stick a floor jack under the rear.  Same net result, easier to
>store and you get to keep your 900 bucks.  Easier to slide in and out
>from the sides too.
>
>Am I missing something?
>
>John
>

>DANMAS@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Listers,
>>
>> The latest issue of Street Rodder has an interesting article on an in-
>> expensive car lift for the home hobbyist. At $895, it ain't cheap, but it's a
>> lot cheaper than most, and looks to be quite handy. It's completely
portable,
>> so maybe members of a club could go together and buy one for
member's use.
>> According to the manufacturer:
>>
>> "The unit weighs about 540 lbs with the heaviest single piece weighing
110
>> lbs. Two people can easily assemble kwiklift in less than 10 minutes"
And: