Re: car lifts

To: Amy Jo Black & Tony Zager <amyjo@tranquility.net>
Subject: Re: car lifts
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:59:24 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
The jackstands were sort of implied...   Of course I would use stands to
support the rear.  I guess I should have been more explicit..   "First I
would set a rag on the jack cradle to protect the rear, then I would
slide it under the car approxomately 16 inches, pausing to examine the
orientation of the cradle to the rear.  Upon reaching alignment of the
two pieces I would commence with jacking the car up by moving the handle
of the floorjack in as up and down fashion until the rear of the car had
been lifted to a satisfactory height......."

My point was only that the lift in question makes it impossible to
access the underside from the sides of the vehicle, where ramps and
stands would not.  (And you get to keep your 900 bucks....)

John