Re: Power Upgrades

To: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Power Upgrades
From: Peter Belej <belej@illuminet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:45:50 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Howdy group,
   I know that I am going to 'catch some' for this, but here goes
anyway:  I spoke with an engineering type friend of mine reg upgrading
my '74 TR-6 to make it more 'road worthy'.  The two big peices of advice
he gave me was to upgrade the ignition (electronic) and then to fuel
inject the motor.  I know that it decreases the 'originality' of the
vehicle.  My main question is, has anybody on this list done such a
upgrade?   Are they happy with it?   Will they talk about it, off the
list of course.  Let me know what you all think, in a constructive
manner of course.  (I am not sure how to trust this guy,. he also told
me to go ahead and turbo charge the motor - I KNOW that I am not ready
for that,.....yet)

Pete
'74 TR-6

--