Re: Power Upgrades

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Upgrades
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:21:37 EST
  Tom,
         I work with a friend on racing projects every now and then and he
informed me that two ways to collect wasted HP were to one, remove the
standard fan and replace with an electric one (about $60.00 at disount auto)
and two, set the alternator up with an on-off switch. According to him both
these things are worth about 12 hp each. Its almost like free power! Some
people spend hundreds or thousands of bucks to get an extra 24 horses. He told
me to test it by making an acceleration run with the fan and then remove it
and try agian. He claims that the difference is very noticable. I have not
tried it yet since my car is still on the shelf and in boxes  :(

PLB3