Re: Slow/stopping wipers: what to do?

To: "Tony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slow/stopping wipers: what to do?
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:49:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Tony,

I  rebuilt my wiper motor drive assembly this winter as part of my advanced
case of shipwrights disease.

It is one integrated unit.  The motor and drive sort of share the same
housing.  Start by disconnecting the output shaft from the wiper moving
assembly where it goes into the firewall and remove the entire unit
including the mount.   You will be amazed with what is under that corner of
the engine bay.

The Triumph Workshop manual or Haynes manual can take you through the
disassembly and reassembly.... it is not difficult. This unit gets pretty
dirty and ignored.  The problem could be from a dry gearbox or dirty motor
armature or worn brushes.

I got mine cleaned, painted and back and it works like new.  If you run
into trouble give me a yell.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com