Re: Slow/stopping wipers: what to do?

To: "INTERNET:DANMAS@aol.com" <DANMAS@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slow/stopping wipers: what to do?
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 08:40:05 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:DANMAS@aol.com
>I'm assuming you have checked all the wiring to be sure it's not an
electrical
problem!<

Don't assume anything!!!!!  the wiring in this car is non-standard to say
the least.
I do not understand all of what the DPO(s) have done.  There is a spaghetti
mess
attached to the ignition switch, for instance.  Until I changed it, the
"Ignition" wire was
connected to the Acc. position!  It would work, but if you accidentally
missed "Off"
as you turned off the engine, it would keep running in tha "Acc" position!

Also, for the fan is currently running off the UNFUSED ignition supply!  I
can't tell where
that green wire coming off the input to the voltage regulator is!  I have
to lower the
dash and start pulling wires off the ignition switch and start figuring out
what is happening!

I'd thought that I would take a wire directly off the battery and energize
the wiper motor.
If it runs at full speed, then it is a wiring problem?  No?

Then remove the motor, etc. and clean and grease.

Then check the free movement of the wiper cable before reattachment of the
motor.

-Tony