Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:58:49 EST
A few weeks ago there was a thread on stanchion plates that got me thinking
about my windscreen.  The late 59 that I am restoring was partially
disassembled along with a partially disassemble 1960 donor that came with it.
Needless to say, sometimes I am not sure what parts came from what vehicle.
The question that I have is on a pre-60000 commission number vehicle, are the
stanchion screw holes, that are in the body, threaded?  Or should they have a
Dzus type receiver.  BTW,
the body holes on my car are threaded.

Due to the overspray on the windscreen, I have detemined that it is from the
post 60000 donor.  Is there a way to us this windscreen on my 59, or do I have
to get a new windscreen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399