Re: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:54:53 EST
I'm not sure what Triumph was trying to accomplish, Gary, records are so
sketchy.. .......but it sure looks like you have the "missing link" adaptor
plate. Are there just 2 holes in the plate.....or are there more?
You say it doesn't fit your stanchion.....have you tried the plate on other
stanchions? If I were Triumph (and I think one lister agreed with this), I
would have kept the key in the adaptor plate to take the load of the heavy
windshield and not require the bolts to take the entire load.
Try to get a hold of a couple more plates and try them out. We both have
machine shops at our disposal.......I wouldn't hesitate to mill the key to
fit.
relieving it from the   Do