Re: Fans revisited

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fans revisited
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:09:48 -0500
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/15/99 6:07:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> 105671.471@compuserve.com writes:
>
> > >I agree, but there is another advantage to using a mechanical fan - if the
> >  >engine is running, the fan is running.
> >
> >  Until the belt breaks.  ;-)
>
> Ah, but there is no belt involved on a TR6 - the fan is driven directly from
> the crank!
>
> Dan Masters,
> Alcoa, TN

Driving the fan off the crank is great until your 30 year old plastic fan
decides to
shatter into a dozen pieces -  taking out a full third of the radiator -  while
your
100 miles from home - doing 75 on the interstate -  at dusk -  on a Sunday -
coming
back from a show.

Been there, done that, used the T-shirt to mop up the coolant splashed all over
my
freshly restored engine compartment.  ;-)

Fitted stainless flex fan rated to 10,000 rpm the next weekend.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars