Re: TR6 conks out, quick question...

To: "Gernot Vonhoegen" <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 conks out, quick question...
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:05:39 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
To: 'triumphs@autox.team.net' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: 16 March 1999 14:50
Subject: TR6 conks out, quick question...

Hi Gernot,

On the saloon, the fuel pump pressure should be 1.5 to 2.5 psi at a minimum
delivery rate of 1.5 pints per minute. It never looks much and-assuming you
have a transparent filter-these never fill right up.
Does your engine take ages to start after standing overnight? If so, it
could be the non-return valves in the pump.
On the ignition side, is the condenser OK? Turn the motor until the points
are closed, switch on th eignition and then flick open the points with an
insulated screwdriver. If there is a big spark at the points, the condenser
may have gone duff.
On one car, I had a rotor arm which was fine until it reached a ceratin
temperature, when it leaked the HT spark back to the distributor shaft.
Hope this helps.

Dave Hill