TR3a windscream assembly

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3a windscream assembly
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:55:09 -0500
     I've just put new glass in the frame, and as usual it didn't go
     without a hitch. The glazing rubber or whatever it's called that I got
     from Moss was way too thick, so I took it to the local auto glass
     place and they installed it in the frame using thinner stuff (too
     thin, in my opinion). The guy did agree to use anti-seize for me on
     the screws that go into the corner brackets. The lower corners of the
     glass do not go as far into the frame as they appear that they should,
     although a bit of silicone will fix that.
     Anyway, I went to put the rubber in that goes between the bottom of
     the windsceen and the scuttle, and it was really tough going. The
     piece of rubber (which I believe also came from Moss) was either too
     long, or I stretched it with all the tugging to get it in place.
     So here's the question: once this rubber is installed, should it be
     kind of wavy, to accomodate the bend it will undergo when placed
     against the body? Or, have I stretched it too much? Or, will it
     tighten back up in a few days?
     Any useful insight appreciated.
     Thanks,
     Jim Wallace