Re: TR3a windscream assembly

To: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3a windscream assembly
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:19:59 -0800 "TR3a windscream assembly" (Mar 18, 1:55pm)
Jim,

I don't know if this is the problem or not but there's definitly
a front side and a back side to the lower seal. In fact the stuff
from one of the suppliers (TRF I think) has the word REAR embossed
in the middle of one side. If you look at the piece from the side
you'll see that the top of the 'T' isn't perpendicular to the long
side. You want to install it such that the long side of the 'T' is
forced down onto the scuttle. Lousy ASCII graphics ahead.

            __
             \
              \    <- long side of rubber seal
               \

      <- front of car

The angle is pretty exagerated but hopefully you get the idea.

Even once I got this right I still haven't figured out the correct
way of fitting the ends of the seals into the stantions. My problems are
made worse by the fact that my windshield seems to sit higher on the
scuttle than other cars I've seen. I'd be glad to hear from any listers
out there who know the correct way of fitting the ends of the seal.

Sorry if none of this is new to you but I'd be interested in hearing
what you find out about this.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge