Bill Wood Update

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Bill Wood Update
From: joe worsley <worsley@yadtel.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 22:27:01 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello Out there,

Well I visited with Bill today for about 4 hours.  He has really improved a
lot.  He is talking and grouching like a real person now. The grouching is
when a nurse gets in to big of a rush when they move him.  He has exiled
one from his room.

Surgery will be performed on his right arm Monday.  He broke it in the fall
and is unable to use it due to what I believe is some problems in the arm
caused by the fall.  He is using his right arm ok but hasen't enough
dexterity to feed himself yet.  After they get his right arm fixed and
moving ok they will work on the right elbow.  He has a little trouble
trying to feed himself wiith his right arm when the food gets right up to
his mouth but he is really doing good.

They have started physical therapy on him to try to get his arms and legs
toned up and working again.  The picture looks good.  He has just be
imobile so long (8 weeks) that the joints don't wnat to move.

All the cards posetd on the walls  really look good,  The walls of his
private room are covered.  Mary said that they have to take some down to
put the new ones up.  Keep it up and send more occasionally when you can.

Joe Worsley
80 Tr8
72 Tr6
Advance, NC