Bill Wood Update

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Bill Wood Update
From: joe worsley <worsley@yadtel.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:32:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I visited with Bill Yesterday for a couple of hours.  He is still
improving. Monday they operated on his left arm that he broke and put a
plate in it.  He can't seem to move his fingers on that hand but I don't
think it is anything but trauma from the non use and the break.  They have
started physical therapy on his legs and arms and will move him to a little
more intensive invironment shortely.  After he gets use of the left arm and
hand they will operate on his right elbow to remove some small bone chips.
He can't use his legs yet as they have been imobile for nine weeks.

He is looking a lot better now and getting a little personality back (gets
grouchy occasilnally!)  He really appreciates all the cards that have been
sent.  Send more when you get time.  I'm sure it gets pretty boring laying
in a bed for nine weeks without being able to move yourself.  I took him
all the replies you folks sent in response to my posts  and read them to
him which made him feel pretty good.

I'll try to post another update nest week.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8
72 TR6
Advance, NC