Re: Gas gauge repair

To: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Subject: Re: Gas gauge repair
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:40:30 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Jerry Oliver wrote:

> down?? Its been a couple of years, but I'm sure I check the sending unit
> before buttoning up the tank. Should there voltage at the green wire at
> the tank? The workshop manual suggested checking voltage at the
> stabilizer. I had a brand new one, so I installed it...same problem.

Take the 2 leads off the sending unit and short them together.  Turn key
to "on".  Gas gauge should deflect ALL the way over.  If it doesn't, you
have a gauge problem.  If it does, you have a float problem.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm