Re: Seat belt Test

To: Cliff Davies <ads.holzher@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Seat belt Test
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:41:49 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Cliff Davies wrote:

> How does one verify if your seat belts on a TR6 will work in a crash
> situation? on most cars you simply give the belt a quick tug and it
> locks. My TR6 belts don't lock when I do this and I can't believe I just
> realized this. They adjust and come out of the spoolers just fine? TIA

Some seat belts don't use a centrifugal catch to lock; the ones on my 78
Fairmont had a little pendulum that would lock the belts if it flopped too
far one way (as in hard braking, hard accelleration, etc.)

That being said, I've no idea how the TR6 belts are supposed to work.  I
put static belts in my TR4 anyway, so I *know* I'm not going anywhere in a
crash ;-)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm