Re: tr3 rear springs

To: richard white <rhamm@peachnet.campuscwix.net>
Subject: Re: tr3 rear springs
From: fogbro1@impop.bellatlantic.net
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:09:20 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Richard,

As I built my TR3, I too thought that additional weight would remedy the
problem. It did not. In retrospect, I should have estimated the weight
of the body and simple placed a number of friends on the bare frame to
check the springs. 800 lbs of friends should produce clearance between
the axle tubes and frame. Judging from the shop manual, 500 lbs. should
be the "laden" weight on the rear springs, each side. Sounds a bit on
the high side since the entire car weighs 2175. But I'd still like to
hear from more knowledgeable listers on this subject.

Ed Woods