Re: tr3 rear springs

To: fogbro1@impop.bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: tr3 rear springs
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 21:48:16 -0400
Cc: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com, rhamm@peachnet.campuscwix.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
I must have missed something here. The arch or the leaf spring on a TR3
bows upward in the middle. The axle mounts on top of the spring, and on top
of the frame. Therefore more arch would increase the distance between the
frame and the axle, wouldn't it?

I have a set of springs from a 1958 car that was parked and left to rot in
1960 (New York inspection sticker was still in the window). Those springs
showed only slightly less arch than those that had been on my car,  lending
credence to my belief that my car had not been driven much due to the fact
that it had ben in a poor state for at least 10 years and maybe much
longer.

I had no trouble at all in getting the axle connected to the springs with
the bump stops on them.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm