rear diff mounts keep snapping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: rear diff mounts keep snapping
From: wave@ravenet.com (Will Daly)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:07:17 -0700
Fellow Listers,

Is there a reason why my rear diff mounts would keep going out every few
months on my '74 TR6?  The metal around the rubber seems god-awful thin
to begin with, and they keep breaking at the rear-most part of the
ring.  I had a used diff put on 8 months ago and they've been going
since then.

I can see no way of reinforcing or clamping them down; other than going
with a heavier gauge mount.  I believe the mechanic was using stock moss
mounts, but am I getting cheapies or something?  I drive daily and
conservatively, though the throttle could be less 'jerky'.  Could that
have something to do with this disabling mess?  I think the originals
lasted 20 years and I'd like at least 20k out of 'em.

Thanks!
Will
'74 TR6
Wilmington, DE