RE: Rear diff mounts keep snapping

To: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: Rear diff mounts keep snapping
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:49:01 +0100
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>===== Original Message From dncullig@us.ibm.com =====
>Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk wrote:
>>well, I don't know your mechanic, but 800 mls is very low and I'd certainly
>>look into suggesting that the mechanic fitted them the wrong way round.
Found
>>that when I look at one that was gone after about 1k mls. Replaced with one
>>>the right way round no probs so far( 5k mls) (They were from Rimmer tho.)
>
>Gernot -
>   I assure you that my mechanic (who restores British sports cars for a
living
>and has developed quite
>a reputation over the years as an absolute perfectonist)  installed the parts
>correctly.  Why do some
>people rail at 'the mechanic' when IT'S THE PARTS THAT ARE NO DAMN GOOD?
>
>Dennis Culligan / '76TR6  CF57948U (soon to be 'O') - TR6IUMPH/ Highland,NY/
>DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM

I tried to be careful not to suggest that its always the mechanics fault. I do
know that there are crap parts out there, but it has happened before, has
happened to me and in that case it was said, "ah the parts are no good". I
just mentioned that it is very easy to make a fault there which isn't even
obvious.
Sorry if I had offended either you, your mechanic or anyone else concerned.

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048