Re: TR4A Manifold

To: Adrian Dix-Dyer <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Manifold
From: David Whitelaw <slasher_dw@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:18:13 -0700 (PDT)
It sounds to me that you have a (performance?) Header
manifold (used in racing).  I too have one and got
good use out of it.  In racing they ran a 2" pipe out
to the side.  I ran a 2" pipe back to a non-stock
muffler.  On my restoration I am going back to the
stock (used of course) as it is almost as efficient as
a header (and is original).  However, it is IMPORTANT
that you clamp the exhaust pipe to the transmission
inorder to ensure that no torque or pressure is put
upon the manifold, or the stock TR4A manifold will
crack and break.  The header is stronger in this
respect (being made from steel).

Hope, this is of some use

--- Adrian Dix-Dyer <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>

=====