Re: TR4A Manifold

To: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: TR4A Manifold
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 29 1999 8:00:39 GMT-0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Adrian,

I found my self in a similar spot after purchasing a 62 TR4. It had a very load
exhaust and I wanted to replace it with a SS stock system.  I was surprised to
find that the manifold and connector pipe were also aftermarket.

I tried to come up with a way to mate the manifold to stock SS parts, and
failed. I finally replaced the manifold with a used stock unit and install an
all SS system.  This was the best solutiom for me.... the noise was back to
that wonderful TR sound... minus the small exhaust manifold leaks at the head
and the worn pipes.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html