Re: Junk TR6 carburetor psychology

To: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: Junk TR6 carburetor psychology
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:56:28 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Phillip
I don't wish to disillusion you but there is no reason, other than impact or
force damage, to junk a carb as virtually everything can be replaced or
repaired on these carbs. I recently rebuilt a very bad single carb (1300FWD)
by drilling and reaming the body and fitting new spindle bushes, new
spindle, butterfly, needle and jet, all these things are readily available
new, here in the UK. However, if you could find some one like myself in your
locality they would probably love to educate you in the finer art of
rebuilding balancing and tuning carbs, I have a couple of lads that I am
teaching these and other "secrets" to.  Come on someone, volunteer!

Graham.