Re: Junk TR6 carburetor psychology

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Junk TR6 carburetor psychology
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 19:04:12 -0700
Cc: haldeman@accessone.com
Henry,

I had a vacuum leak (vacuum plug on the bottom of the front carb failed
somewhere around Rochester, NY on the way to Maine) and didn't discover
it until I'd was back in Denver so I tinkered with it the rest of the
trip.  Part of the problem was my bullheaded belief that I'd HAVE to
adjust the carbs given the 5000 ft. elevation change and I didn't
consider that it could be something else like a vacuum leak.  I'm
presently a believer in the theory that NO adjustment is needed on
constant depression carbs such as the ZS and SU carbs at least for
attitude changes.  Hey I learn the hard way.

Don't know about you Weber guys when you come to Breckenridge in 2001
(Blatant Plug for the VTR convention).  Could be rough at 9500 ft., but
that's another thread for next year.

Bud