re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3

To: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>, "'AdrianJones@compuserve.com'" <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:02:42 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
At 09:30 AM 2/9/00 -0500, McEwen, Art wrote:

>Adrian,
>
>I've done it both ways, and frankly it's a toss up.  My '60 3A doesn't have
>the top dip stick so I have to use the plug on the side (got my pinkie stuck
>once checking the level!).  It's a real $@*&) adding oil.

I suggest go to a marine store and buy one of the little manual pumps for
adding oil to the lower unit of outboards.  It replaces the cap of standard
gear oil containers and has a short length of flexible hose that lets you
pump "up".  Great for diffs, trannys, etc. where you're forced to work from
below..  Cost is less than 10 bucks.

Don Marshall