overflow tank question

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: overflow tank question
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:53:09 -0800
Hi again
Forgot to include this in my previous message.

My pal tells me that the radiator will never stay totally full to the bottom
of the cap.  I am always filling the radiator before each trip but it always
ends up a little low with more and more in the overflow.  I have the proper
1 inch cap for my radiator and have no leaks.  When I dont drive the car the
level is always constant.  My friend also tells me that the overflow should
somehow get sucked back into the radiator to keep it full.

Is the radiator supposed to always be full or is it proper for there to be a
little emptiness to make up for the expansion of hot water?  Is the overflow
supposed to somehow get sucked back into the radiator?

Thanks
David Lee
64 TR4