Re: overflow tank question

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: overflow tank question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:17:14 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Geo
Yes it would put additional strain on the rad but looking at a Herald 7lb
rad and a Herald 13lb rad side by side the tubes are visually identical so I
figured that it would probably be alright. Certainly if the rad is recored
it should be allright as I don't suppose the rad shops have different tube
thicknesses for the different pressures. The 1200 rad is longer than the
1300 rad so giving increased capacity and cooling area. I now suspect that
the real fault lay with a furred up system Isle of Wight water is amongst
the hardest (most minerals in suspension) water in the UK.

Graham.