Re: FW: TR-3A dash recovering and metal clips

To: fogbro1 <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: FW: TR-3A dash recovering and metal clips
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:54:31 -0500 (EST)
Cc: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu, Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>, "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu

If you check all the parts manuals, etc., you will seen many references to
the commission number 60000.  I have the original parts catalog from
Triumph, which I got from a retired auto dealer who sold his business in
the early 70's.  He used to sell Studebakers! (lol!) Mercedes, and
Triumphs.   I can check these.

Cheers.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, fogbro1 wrote:

> George, you are correct. "Early" cars had a covering which was glued and
> fastened with those clips, such as yours. "Later" cars had a covering
> that was fused to the metal, such as mine.
>
> Now the question is: what's "Early" and what's "Late"? When was the
> change made? Maybe it's a "post 60,000" thing.
>
> Ed Woods

James A. Ruffner